Life has its up's and down's but most of the time I am very happy with it . surrounded by my growing family and wonderful friends whats not to like .

Monday, August 30, 2010

A happy sad kind of day

today was a special sort of day , My Mummy married her long term boyfriend .

also a bit sad as my new step daddy ( ohhh thats different ) is suffering with advanced cancer and the wedding had to take place in the oncology hospital .

we only knew it was happening at the end of last week so no time to get too worried about the organising of it

The hospital did all the food and cake , even supplied some alcohol free wine which was lovely of them and they did a lovely job of it .

Now I was sat here last night thinking about today and suddenly realized they had no favours ( not that it would have been the end of the world but I felt I needed to do some) so after a quick trip to tesco to buy favour boxes I put some together.



thank heavens I'm a scrapper -just how do people manage without overflowing bags of ribbon and boxes of stamps ???

anyhow heres what I came up with  , quiet simple but given the were done in just a couple of hours I am happy with them ( just ignore the ones with slightly smudgy stamps - i am sure had i decided to stamp them before assembling them and adding the ribbon it would have been much easier !LOL )

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely touch. I'm sure your Mum and Stepdad will really appreciate how special you made their day.

    I send lots of special wishes and I'll be thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete